Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2006

List Update

Well I am slowly but surely ticking things off my list, the most important ones being to finish both my websites. In case you are wondering I have my portfolio site (which has a link on the right) and my card design site which was very outdated and needed a facelift. I've never really had time before but my maternity leave gave me the chance to start afresh. I'm a bit over schedule though so now I have to focus on finishing them. Hence the need for a list as I was getting too distracted by other things.

So I have finished tweaking my portfolio site ( I think) and all I need to do is add more paintings and illos and a few things to sell on the shop page. I am still working on the card site, lots of boring code to deal with here as I am customising an open source script for a proper shopping cart and payment thingy - yay! I've then got to go through all my card designs from the last 4 years and chuck out the ones I don't like/don't sell, update the ones I do like/do sell and come up with a load of new fresh ones. This my take a while but will be worth it in the end. My old site made money but wasn't very efficient and was looking tired, I also got fed up with getting paid after I did the work and had to chase invoices, with this new site I get paid first and can keep better track of things.


Here is one of my revamped wedding designs for the card site, I'll add the link when it's finished!

No comments: