Pages

Friday, January 20, 2006

Illustration Friday - E is for...


Evil... ha ha ha haaaw....

Was sorting through piles of old work and came across this golden oldie, which was inspired by a gothic horror story based on the ghost Banquo from Macbeth (I think - memory is not what it used to be!). What is interesting is how 'nice' (for want of a better word) my work is now, all soft pretty blues, greens and pinks compared to a few years ago when everything was a lot darker and richer. Not sure if it's a result of having children and I've unconsciously censored myself (in terms of colour as well as subject matter) or I just generally got to a stage in my live where I just needed to shed a skin and reinvent myself. Who knows. Good to look back though!

5 comments:

Baskerville Hound said...

frightening monster!!
Its interesting to hear how you feel your style has changed over the years-its strange how visual work reflects the changes in our lives....All the best :)

gisedesign said...

wuao!!!que miedo!!! Felicitaciones, que bien logras expresar el horror en esta obra.

TXArtcGal said...

WOW! That image is definitely evil! It captures your theme, that is for sure! I think I'm going to have nightmares for the next week! I also checked out your other artwork...and, it IS such a change! I do think having children somewhat changes your mindset. With this said...all of your work is great!

Tony Sarrecchia said...

WOw...don't know I how I missed this one last week. Great job--truly this is a great capture of evil.

neilornstein said...

Very strong immage.