Pages

Friday, August 17, 2007

2 Years Blogging!


Where did the time go? I only thought I started this a year ago but 2 years have skipped by. I've never been very good at keeping diaries so memories of my past are jumbled up randomly in my head so it is weird to look back in the last two years in chronological order. What has struck me most is the journey I have been on and the progress I have made, a lot of it as a direct result of starting this blog and the amazingly talented people I have met along the way who have inspired and directed me in ways I'm not sure could have happened otherwise. I love being at home with my children but from an artistic point of view this can be very stifling. Up until my two year old was born life had become a bit of a treadmill; I was making a reasonable and necessary living from making wedding stationery but there wasn't room for much else, creatively speaking. I don't remember exactly how I came across blogging but I was on maternity leave and free to explore and rediscover my art again. Blogging seemed a good way of focusing and putting down in words the muddle in my head, and looking back at my first posts it was a muddle! I've still got a way to go but the future is looking good, oh and thank you to everyone out there in blogland, you are all wonderful!

5 comments:

carla said...

There are a whole group of people I know through blogging who have celebrated their two-year anniversary this summer, myself included! I too have experienced such a surge in creativity and insp;iration since I've been blogging, and it most definitely has to do with the inspiration and support from those I've met online. I have always loved the gentle beauty of your work... your inch-by-inch pieces are so stunning! p.s. - such a pretty picture of you:>

xxxxx said...

Happy blogging birthday Kala!!! Two years is quite a while in blogland. Congratulations! I'm looking forward to visiting your blog for years to come :-)

natural attrill said...

Happy 2 years blogday Karen.
It has been lovely to 'virtually' know you, and I look forward to lots more posts on your blog!
Penny.
x

natural attrill said...

Forgot to say, Toby has posted another draw for the 200th post on our blog, do come and join in!
P.x

stilettoheights said...

Happy Blog birthday!!! I just passed the one year mark myself.

Jenn