Pages

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Drawing Grid


Over at the Drawing Club they've been having a go a drawing grids, so as my plan to get drawing more the other month flew out the window for one reason or another, I thought this might be a fairly easy but fun way to do some quick sketching from the comfort of my living room. Apart from the dodgy pic of my boy and my 18 month old bouncing up and down on the sofa next to me I was quite pleased with the results as I deliberately used my pen straight off with no pencil first. It was hard at first to resist my inner voice that was telling me the squares were too small and the drawings were, er, rubbish and kept with it. Turned out to be a lot of fun, and now I've seen how great the other group members (here, here, here and here) turned out I think I might do this more regularly.

4 comments:

Patty said...

Great! I love the iron
and your chair, I love the whole grid it looks just terrific!

Darn I even like the lines in your grid template, wow, well done!
-patty

Nina Johansson said...

Yay, another line drawing grid! Just like over at Sketchpot - I love line drawings without color. Like your even grid too, and I´m very impressed that you managed to do this while your kids were jumping beside you in your sofa...

Suzie Q said...

Great idea, Karen. I couldn't resist having a go and have posted my effort. Yours is fantastic, so confident with your pen - something I aspire to, one day! :)
Thanks for sharing this with us, and congrats on managing to get anything done with a lively toddler around! :)

Teri said...

I love your grid. Everyone's is so different and fun.

I am also into this gridiness and love it! Nina inspired me to try it and now I am hooked.