Pages

Thursday, January 05, 2006

What to do first?

Well so far I have resisted the urge to write the obligatory list of 'things to do in 2006', but as I have spent the last two days doing everything that isn't constructive and nothing that is I think I might just have to do one, just to give this new year a bit of direction. Start as I mean to go on and all that!

Christmas was a dizzying rush made worse (or better) by Kamal getting a small but significant part in a musical for which I had to chaperone, so I had less time than usual to prepare for the occasion. Christmas cards were written but not sent, plans to make christmas goodies/decorations/mess with the kids went out the window, let's face it, a domestic goddess I am not!

But I have to say this has been the best Christmas yet. My failings aside we have a beautiful new member of the family who explored for the first time the joys of crinkly crunchy wrapping paper and twinkly decorations that are just perfect for bashing and chewing, (toys? who needs toys?) and Kamal has taken part in something that can only be described as magical, and we have shared it all with our friends and family. This is one Christmas I will remember for a very long time. The christmas cake will have to wait until next year!

No comments: