Pages

Thursday, February 08, 2007

How to make a little girl happy - Step 1

Make it snow. Real, proper, crunch under your feet, snowman making snow. We showed it to her at 7 in the morning when daddy went to work and she refused to come back in for breakfast. She had her coat and boots on over her pyjamas running up the road, screaming in protest as I scooped her up and brought her back in the house. She kicked and screamed louder (goodness knows what the neighbours thought) as I wrestled her wet boots off and then ran to the front door, boots in hand demanding to go back out. Then threw them at me when I said no. So she sat there, bottom lip out in a sulk for a good 10 minutes or so. Like any good mother I left her to it and concentrated on getting Kamal ready for school. I think he was hoping his school would be closed, but his is the only one in the area that managed to open. A very long hour and a half later she finally made it back outside, this time properly fed and dressed and very happy.

No comments: